To minimize your discomfort and help achieve the best results, please follow the waxing tips below:
- Let us know if you are using Accutane, Differin, Retin-A, Renova, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Salicylic Acid, Resorcinal, Lactic Acid, skin thinning products or any other topical or oral medications.
- Accutane or similar products can cause your skin to rip off during waxing. For your protection we can’t wax you until you have been off the medications for at least 6 months. Consult your physician before discontinuing medication.
- Check your skin before scheduling an appointment. Wounds, inflammation or rashes will need to heal before we can wax you.
- Gently exfoliate your skin 1 to 2 days before waxing.
- Allow your hair to grow approximately ¼ inch long. If your hair is too short, the wax can’t pick it up well enough to remove it. If the hair is too long, it prevents the wax from sticking and it can cause more pain.
- Wear comfortable clothes to prevent irritation in the area being waxed.
- Moisturize well a few days before your appointment.
- Avoid moisturizing on the day of your appointment.
- Make sure the area being waxed is clean.
- Let us know if you have experienced difficulty with your waxing treatments in the past.
- Make sure to schedule your appointment with plenty of time ahead of your special events to allow for any unforeseen circumstances (breakouts, etc.).
- Avoid tanning 24-48 before your appointment.
- If you will be exposing your skin to the sun within 48 hours after waxing, we recommend wearing sunscreen with SPF 30 or more.
- Don’t wear close-fitting panties or pants for the next few days.
- Exfoliate the area treated 48 hours after waxing, as this will help prevent ingrown hairs.
- Try not to touch freshly waxed areas, as this can cause irritation or small pimples.
- Body waxing can help exfoliate your skin. It removes the top layer of dry skin cells, making your skin smooth but also sensitive. Avoid tanning beds, saunas, steam rooms, strenuous exercise, laser resurfacing or chemical peels for at least 24-48 hours.